Having imperfect vision can make life very challenging, even if your eyesight isn’t that bad. The slightest vision problem can affect your ability to perform everyday tasks, whether it’s driving, running or reading. Because of this, you probably already have or will soon get yourself some prescription eyeglasses or contact lenses in Kitchener to aid your vision. However, choosing between the two can be difficult because of your lifestyle. The following are some of the benefits of using both to help you compare your options.
The Benefits of Eyeglasses
The following are a few reasons why you might want to consider picking up a pair of prescription eyeglasses:
- Eyeglasses are easy to use – You can easily put your glasses on and off. This means that if you don’t necessarily need eyeglasses to get through the day, you can just put them on whenever you actually need them, such as when you’re reading something or driving in your vehicle. This makes eyeglasses convenient to put on and off.
- Eyeglasses are easy to update – If your eye prescription changes, you can easily get new eyeglasses. If you like the frames you have, you can just have the lenses updated as well.
- Eyeglasses can be a fashion accessory – While the most important function of a pair of eyeglasses is to help aid your vision, they can also act as an accessory to your outfit. There are many different types of eyeglasses to choose from, some of which can be incredibly stylish.
- Anyone can wear them – It doesn’t matter how young or old you are, eyeglasses are an easy solution to help aid with problematic vision.
The Benefits of Contact Lenses
The following are a few reasons why contact lenses might be the right choice for you:
- Contact lenses won’t change your appearance – You won’t have to worry about how you look or whether they compliment your current attire since contact lenses don’t affect your appearance at all. No one will know you are wearing them.
- Contact lenses can be worn in more situations – If you play sports, then contact lenses are a great option since there’s little risk that they will be knocked out or damaged. There are many instances when eyeglasses get in the way, contact lenses illuminate all of that.
- Contact lenses aren’t affected by weather conditions – Your contact lenses won’t fog up like eyeglasses would when you come in from the cold weather into a warm room.
- Contact lenses can now correct almost all vision problems: Historically contacts could only be used to correct minor vision problems. But today they are now able to correct things like Myopia (short-sightedness), Hyperopia (long-sightedness), Astigmatism and Presbyopia (age-related reading problem).
As you can see, both eyeglasses and contact lenses in Kitchener have several benefits to consider. If you’re still having trouble deciding, eyeglasses vs. contact lenses give us a call, we’d be happy to go over all your options to help you make the best decision possible. Be sure to ask about our current promotions–2 for 1 eyeglasses in Kitchener– by contacting us online at Vincent Optical or calling 519-744-7400